Every Friday I point you to some recommended reading around the blogosphere:
1. In keeping with my ongoing need to keep you up to date on the most outlandish antics from this midterm election season, check out this video of Jimmy McMillan of “The Rent Is Too Damn High” party at the New York governor’s debate. Wowza. Even Andrew Cuomo is laughing… (P.S. Love the ‘stache…)
2. As always, I loved Howard Baldwin’s post Random Thoughts On Turning 55 over at Middle Age Cranky. (“When I am old, I shall look like I grew up in California.”)
3. At the other end of the age spectrum, here’s a Sesame Street Muppet with an afro singing the song “I Love My Hair” which a real life Dad wrote for his daughter so that she would…love her hair.
4. And speaking of children’s television, a friend of mine in Boston has been involved in this really cool on-line project designed to teach kids to recycle.
5. I’m always fascinated by people’s relationship to their work, so I really enjoyed this interview with Washington Post book reviewer Ron Charles at the Huffington Post. (If you haven’t seen one of Charles’ video book reviews, it’s a must.)
6. If you want to smile, have a look at the Here Comes Another Bubble video over on A Modern Mother.
7. Finally, here’s my story from Politics Daily about quite possibly the bravest woman on earth: a 20 year old university student who’s just become the Chief of Police in a Mexican drug zone.
In case you missed the RealDelia reader survey I ran on Monday, you still have time to fill it out. Click here for details.
Thanks and have a great weekend!