Every Friday I point you to some recommended reading around the blogosphere:
1. Sorry to be a party-pooper, but I couldn’t help but lead off with my own Scrooge-like take on all the royal wedding coverage over here in the U.K. at http://www.PoliticsDaily.com.
2. After the British government announced that it would be collecting data on the subjective well-being of its citizens earlier this week, The Guardian’s Tim Dowling came up with some sample questions.
3. Here’s the marvellous Gretchen Rubin over on The Huffington Post with 9 zany assignments to break up your ordinary routine. I *love* the idea of talking for 15 minutes without using the words “I” or “me.” (Good blogging advice too!)
4. Also love, love, love this cartoon at The Oatmeal about what it’s like to work from home, especially the bit about its effect on relationships.
5. Take a look at Erin McKean’s insightful piece in The Boston Globe about what phrases like “I hate to tell you” really mean.
Have a great weekend!