Every Friday I point you to some recommended reading for the weekend.
1. I feel about Michael Kinsley the way I feel about Michael Lewis: if he’s writing, I’m reading. Here’s Kinsley in his debut Politico column writing about that rare commodity in American politics and journalism: intellectual honesty.
2. I loved this touching essay about marriage, parenting and what we learn from our kids’ drawings by Cecilia (of the fabulous Only You blog), which was featured in the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star’s Cribsheet column. We’ve all been there, I think.
3. For a beautiful visual history of modern art, have a look at the Modern Art Timeline. Way Cool.
4. Also in the department of visual – and funny – here’s a slide show of “Chinglish” (Chinese meets English) at The New York Times. I must say, it’s really hard to top “Fragrant, Hot Marxism.”
7. Finally – and definitely not for those who dislike profanity – here’s a mock Twitter Feed for Chicago Mayor Hopeful Rahm Emanuel called @MayorEmanuel. I think they’ve managed to nicely capture Rahm’s…um…voice.
Enjoy your weekend!