Every Friday I point you towards some recommended reading around the blogosphere:
1. I’ll pretty much read anything Michael Lewis writes, because it’s always *that* good. In his current Vanity Fair feature on the Greek economic crisis, he does not disappoint. What a great writer.
2. Loved this funny and insightful Salon interview with comedian/author/actress Kristen Schaal of The Daily Show fame.
3. Here’s a nice essay by Liza Mundy on the New York Times Motherlode blog about what it’s like when Moms take a business trip.
4. And speaking of moms, I’ve long been a fan of Literary Mama (Tagline: “For The Maternally Inclined.”) Have a look at this honest and moving essay by Kate Brandt as she contemplates divorce and what it might mean for her child.
5. Over at the Lovely Thoughts blog, I really liked this 19-year-old’s take on signs that you are growing up. (BTW? Totally with you on the curtains…)
6. While I’m at it, let me give a shout-out to Jane Friedman’s fabulous There Are No Rules blog at Writer’s Digest. It’s a terrific source of advice and information about the publishing industry. I’m an especially big fan of her “Best Tweets For Writers” series every Sunday night.
7. Finally, here’s an absolutely devastating piece of fiction from Paul Murray in the New York Times entitled “Back to School” about parenting, marriage and silence.