Every Friday I point you to some recommended reading around the blogosphere:
1. If you haven’t read it yet, an absolute must is Christopher Hitchens’ account of what it’s like to be diagnosed with cancer in Vanity Fair.
2. You should also have a look at Jack Shafer’s unsolicited advice to Newsweek’s new owner, Sidney Harman, over at Slate.
3. I was fascinated by this discussion of nouns that become verbs (e.g. Google, Xerox) by Erin McKean in The Boston Globe.
4. If you’re a novelist and/or blogger, I’d highly recommend Janet Fitch’s 10 Rules for Writers in the Los Angeles Times as well as Larry Brooks’ account of what he learned about blogging by making mistakes over at Problogger. (Hat tip: Practicing Writing)
5. The Daily Telegraph takes a look at words that didn’t make it into the O.E.D. My personal fave? Polkadodge. Brilliant!
Follow Delia on Twitter.