Every Friday I point you to some interesting reading around the blogosphere:
1. I loved this thoughtful end-of-year op-ed by John Tierney in the New York Times about why we all ought to rush out and redeem all those gift certificates we got for the holidays…right now!!
2. As always, The Guardian’s Pictures of the Decade were an absolutely stunning walk down memory lane.
3. This is a hilarious account in The Wall Street Journal of how amazingly cheap economists are in real life.
4. In the Department of Middle Age, here are Middle-Age Cranky’s list of things that annoy him, as well as Fortune Magazine editor Patricia Sellers’ thoughts in The Huffington Post on why we should all slow down.
5. Via Lisa Romeo Writes, I was delighted to happen upon Two Kinds Of People, a blog devoted to describing…well…two kinds of people. If this concept appeals to you (it does me!) be sure to check out their essay contest.
6. Finally, for those who are interested, here are my thoughts about the pros and cons of adopting an Israeli airport security model in PoliticsDaily.com.
Follow me on Twitter.